Sunday, November 20, 2016

Camera Roll Roundup: 2016 Gameday Trends

I cannot believe that this was my final football season as a college student! I'm still in denial that I won't be able to sit with all of my sorority sisters in the student section next year...

This has been a season filled with ups and downs for LSU (from getting a new quarterback, losing our beloved mascot, and gaining a new head coach), but a great season for gameday fashion trends.

Here are a few of my favorite trends from this past season, as well as my favorite snaps from Saturdays filled with tailgating and tiger football:




Wrap necklaces and choker necklaces

I don't like layering on a ton of accessories, especially when the weather can feel like 100 degrees while you're tailgating in south Louisiana. Choker necklaces and wrap necklaces are a great way to add depth or a bit of edginess to an outfit, without weighing you down.


These pictures are from the first game of the season, so it was CRAZY hot outside. 

Over the shoulder tops and dresses

I was reluctant to jump on board with the off-the-shoulder trend for gameday. With all of the traditional LSU football cheers and motions that we do during the football games, I tend to move my arms around a lot at, so I didn't want a shirt to get in the way. I was lucky to find a perfect top and it kept me cool all day long!



This top, which is from Posh - one of my favorite boutiques in Baton Rouge, ended up being perfect! The sleeves are not connected all the way across, and they're elastic, so I was able to move around without any problems.

Alex's shirt is also a great option, since it has off the shoulder sleeves as well as spaghetti straps! 



Clear purses

This season came with a new rule - only clear purses allowed at LSU sporting events. This new rule showed us that there's a ton of great options for carrying around everything you'd need for a gameday.



Cowboy boots

Cowboy boots are a gameday classic! I wore them to a majority of the games this season, so I had to include them on this list. You can never go wrong when you pair them with a sundress, denim shorts, or a skirt.









These pictures are all from our homecoming game. At LSU, the tradition is that each sorority creates incredible structures made out of wood and colorful pomps (rolled up tissue paper). My sorority invites our families to come visit before going out to tailgate, so my parents and little sister and brother came by. My brother is obsessed with all things LSU (and he thinks that my sorority house is his second home), so he loved visiting and seeing the structures! 




Sundresses and Rompers 

You can never go wrong with an easy sundress or romper for a gameday. This gold romper was perfect for a warm day and I threw on a denim jacket over a Show Me Your MuMu sundress for another game when the temperature dropped a bit. 



I actually wore this outfit to work my company tailgate that we host every year. It's one of the largest events that I get to help plan, so being able to support the tigers while still being work appropriate was very important. My parents were able to stop by briefly with my little brother. He was being a little goober and refused to smile for the camera! 




Denim skirts

To be honest, the denim mini skirt trend kind of takes me back to junior high! These skirts are so easy and versatile though, so I figured I'd hop on board. I felt like this one from Forever21 (which can be found here) was a good compromise, since it was an inexpensive way to try out this trend.

My roommate looks so cute in her Free People tunic, bralette, and OTK books. Check out her blog here





Over the knee boots

I was so excited to finally break out my Steve Madden OTK boots when it got cold outside. These were so comfortable and were a great choice for our last game of the season, especially paired with this cowl neck sweater and super steal of a skirt from Forever 21 (which can be found here)!






These pictures were from the very last home game of the season. It was our last home game as college students, so of course all of the seniors in my sorority had to take a group photo! 


I can't wait to see which trends stick around, and which new one's will take over next football season! Until then, I'll wait to be watching my LSU Tigers play against Texas A&M on Thanksgiving day, while I'm filling up on seconds (or thirds!) and most likely wearing yoga pants!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment